Just another WordPress.com weblog

Bloodletters of Khorne

I finally got some new pictures taken last night, so here is my first Daemon unit for display.  I won the old Fantasy Daemon spearhead for only $100, so I got a great deal on a new army and book, which probably would have cost me about $300 if I had gotten it all individually.  What I love about Daemons is that they are SO easy to paint.  Give ’em a base coat and then pick out the details and give them a wash.  Done!  I did all of my daemons (after they were assembled) in less than two weeks, which is pretty freakin fast.

I finished painting my now-magnetized crisis suits yesterday, and I also finished my Stealth suits last night (I just need to flock the stealth suit bases).  The stealth suits were WAY too easy… I felt like I should do more, but they’re supposed to be super-low profile, so less is more, I guess…

-Ryan

1 unit per week commitment
Weeks this year:    6
Units Completed: 16

Advertisements

2 responses

  1. I like them! How are they to play as a 40K army? They all deep strike right?

    February 23, 2010 at 12:37 am

  2. yeah, which kinda stinks if your opponent knows how to deal with them. The first time, I deep struck and my opponent assaulted me… bad choice on his part. The next time, he expected it and spread out his forces so I had nowhere to deepstrike. When I showed up on the table, he kept his distance and shot me to pieces. I need to get some pink horrors and flamers and maybe a soul grinder to lay down some firepower on the turn I arrive…

    February 23, 2010 at 10:10 am

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s