Some (almost) finished units and a game!
This definately isn’t an example of speed painting. . . 🙂 Anyway, I’ve been trying to fit in a couple hours of painting every evening in order to have this army finished in time for my tournament in a couple of weeks. I’m doing a step on a unit and then moving onto another unit while that step dries. That leaves me with a lot of half-finished units, but I am making progress. Anyway, I have the Bloodletters, ‘ettes, and Flesh Hounds pretty much except for the basing, which I’ll finish last.
I also managed to get a game in today against a friend of mine who is a very good tournament player and his Skaven army. My list based around blocks of troops with 3 Heralds and support. I had him on the ropes, but the game came down to one turn where I had his large unit of Storm Vermin in combat with my Slaanesh BSB’s unit and 2 Fiends in the rear. I managed to do a total of 1 wound and he rolled like a champ doing enough wounds back to cause the combat to be a tie! Then he needed to roll a 4 or less on a fear test (thanks to my -2 Ld banner) to get another unit into my Daemonette’s flank, and rolled a 3. That was game. At the end all that was left on the board were his two Storm Vermin units with a BSB and a unit of Slaves, and then I had 2 Flesh Hounds, 6 Flamers, and half a unit of Horrors. All said and done, it was a great game, and I was very happy with my army list. The previous mentioned combat and a couple other turns of dismal dice rolling killed me though. I’ll get him next time! 🙂 Sorry for the duplicate pics btw, but I can’t get them to go where I want, and now they are multiplying. I give up! Just deal with it. 🙂