Holy Crap it’s been a long time since I’ve posted! Alrighty; new year, new commitment. I didn’t hit 2 units a week, although I DO think I hit over 65 units painted for last year. I should have just been happy with 1 unit a week. :p So anyways, here we go again: 1 unit per week commitment. Currently I’m working on 120 rats (4 units), 3 Rat Ogres, a Bone Breaker w/Skaven Warlord, a Warp Lightning canon, 5 assault marines, a dreadnought, a vindicator, 5 sanguinary guard, 5 Blood Crushers, Skulltaker on a Juggernaut, 3 weapons teams, a Warlock engineer, and a chaos dwarf sorcerer on a Lammasu… 16 units altogether. This will probably be similar to when I was working on all my daemons; a lot of “slow” progress, but I’ll finish several units over the course of a few weeks.
Deathmaster Snikch was pretty easy. Granted I don’t do any wild advanced paint schemes, but for the most part he was all one color with a few embellishments here and there. I don’t find assassins to be very valid in the new Skaven book; the couple of times that I have used them, they’ve been pretty worthless…
I’m fairly excited about the new Skaven units coming out; I’ll most likely get one of each of the new items so I can have two Hell Pit Abominations, Plague Claw Catapults, Warp Lightning canons, etc. I think the Doom Flayer in particular looks very good. I’m also excited at the prospect of getting a Storm Raven in February…
1 unit per week commitment
Weeks this year: 1
Units Completed: 0
It’s finally finished! Usually when I start a project like this one, I obsess about it until it’s finished (I was the same way with the Great Taurus). I tried to do a real simple, dirty theme so that the warpstone colored elements would really pop. I didn’t have any spare chariot bases, so this is actually 4 cavalry bases glued and then green stuffed together.
My commitment to finish my Chaos Warrior army first has been totally thrown to the winds; not only by this unit, but now I’m working on my Chaos Daemons for an upcoming match. I’m also working on my Skaven Doomwheel, as I want to put it together, but need to paint parts of it first.
We’ve been getting the most hits for people searching for a hellpit abomination, so feel free to comment, yo! 🙂
This is one of my better conversions (though it took a pretty long time). I took a toy horse body (for the body position), gave it a Bull head and hooves, Dragon wings, and green stuffed it all to make it smooth and give it a saddle. The Lord is a Dwarf from Battle for skull pass that was mixed with a Chaos Knight. The pictures do not do justice for the size of this thing. I believe it is slightly taller than a giant.
On the same note, I finished my Chaos Warriors last night, as well as my Hellpit Abomination. All they need is some static grass and clear coat and they’ll be ready to photo/field. I am also out of pictures to put up here, so tonight I have to start photographing everything else that I have finished, so it’ll be quite a lot. Happy MLKJ Day!
This was a pretty easy conversion. I had about 20 Warhounds for my Warriors of Chaos, and I wasn’t planning on using all of them, so I left all the mutations off of 10 of them and painted them grey. Voila! Wolves to put goblins on. The only aspect that I didn’t like was that I didn’t have and “rider” legs, so they are more like wolf “surfers” instead of wolf riders.
I finished constructing the Hellpit Abomination last night, and primed the first half this morning before work. After its totally primed, I’ll take another pic, but you may not be able to find all the detail, since it will all be black. We’ll see.
Alrighty. I figured it was about time for a Work in Progress entry. This will be a fully constructed Hellpit Abomination in a couple of days. One of the great things about this unit is that Games Workshop currently does not have a model for it, so all you have to do is read the entry, use the drawing for inspiration, and start building! According to the description, this is a large worm-like creature that has had several Rat Ogre parts grafted to it.
I “borrowed” my son’s dragon (I had already harvested its wings for a Great Taurus), removed the head, back legs, and front feet, and started green stuff-ing different bits all over it. There are assorted Rat Ogre Parts, Giant parts, Horse heads from Chaos Knights, Space Ork parts, and lances from Chaos Knights, which will be painted up to represent the Warpstone spikes that are sticking out of it.
I’m hoping to add a few more Ogre parts to it today or tomorrow, then I will add static grass in several places to look like mangy fur, and the whole thing will be primed.
ps- sorry about the low resolution, it was taken with a cell phone…